It’s 2021 and I’m turning the big 4-0 this year! Eeeeek!!! It’s time to check some things off the bucket list!
I mean honestly getting older has never been that big of a deal to me. They say you’re only as old as you feel. Mentally, I still feel like I’m in my 20s. Physically, well let’s just say my body definitely feels 40! Ha!
I blinked and 20 years have passed! What the heck have I been doing all this time?? (Getting married, having babies, raising kiddos, and running a business, that’s what!)
Turning 40 has got me thinking. Back in 2008, I had a “101 in 1001” list. My clients loved to follow along as I checked goals off my list. It feels only natural to bring the big old goal list back birthday style!
My 40th Birthday Bucket List
- Embrace my inner nerd. At 40, it’s time to stop caring what people think. Yep, I’m a nerd. I’m goofy, sometimes awkward, and can be terrible with words (insert foot in mouth). It’s who I am and I need to just be me.
- Get a tattoo. My zodiac signs (Gemini with a Sagittarius rising)
- Try ziplining.
- Get a facial.
- Have a movie night in the backyard this summer.
- Go Ice fishing. I haven’t been ice fishing in like 15+ years! My family used to go on a big group ice fishing trip at least once during the winter. I look back on those family memories fondly and want my kids to have the same experience. – DONE! CHECK! 1/24/21
- Take a spontaneous trip.
- Go Camping. I want to take 5 camping trips this year.
- Purge the baby gear. No more babies for me!
- Hike a mountain. Like a serious hike. A hike that takes hours with an incredible view at the top.
- Take a girls trip. It could be camping for all I care. Just a weekend away spent with some lady friends!
- Take more weekends off. If 2020 has taught me anything, it taught me that my weekends with my family are important. It was amazing to have weekends again to be able to do things like camp in our pop-up or just sit around in the backyard at home with no plans at all!
- Grow my own food. I’m bringing the garden back again this year!
- Start a routine on the Peloton.
- Get back down to my goal weight. Thanks a lot Covid for screwing that up!
- Getaway with just my husband. We need to get away to reconnect as two adults and not just parents. Again, thanks Covid!
- Work on shifting gears in my business.
- Make more time for self-care activities.
- Develop one life-changing habit.
- Read 10 books.
- Let go of one-sided relationships.
- Do more of what sets my soul on fire.
- Have updated family photos taken.
- Personal shoots. Plan & photograph a handful of sessions that are for my own personal photography goals.
- Work on communicating better. Less yelling, more patience, understanding & talking.
There you have it! The big 4-0 goal list! Happy 2021 peeps! Let’s do this!
Follow along as I check things off the bucket list HERE.